I am a travel photographer currently based in Lisbon, Portugal. When I travel, even if it is for leisure, my first and foremost concern is photography. I like to be at the right place, at the right time, to catch the best light possible, and will try to do so everywhere I go.
My commitment as a photographer is to show the world I love in the best way I can, and hope that my work will inspire people to care more about the world they live in and see it for how beautiful it is.
Lately my photographic projects have been focused on traditions, traditional festivities, and traditional craftsmanship. My purpose when traveling is to try and document some of these traditions around the places I visit, as well as the people who fight to keep them alive.
My photos have been shown on five major exhibitions:
- Land of Fire and Water: landscape photographic exhibition about Icelandic Landscapes (15 60×40 and 60×60 images at Palavra de Viajante bookstore, Lisbon, Portugal)
- Japan, an Ephemeral Glimpse: images of my first trip to Japan, with fellow photographer and good friend Ruben Vicente (8 60×40 and 60×60 images at Palavra de Viajante bookstore, Lisbon, Portugal)
- Roca Cape – Atlantic Frontier: landscape photographic exhibition with five other photographers about the Roca Cape (4 50×75 images at the Tourism Center and at the Sintra Boutique Hotel, Sintra, Portugal)
- 4 Looks over India: travel photography exhibition with three other photographers about our individual travels to India (4 70×47 images at Mercadores de Memórias shop in Azeitão, Portugal)
- #japan: instagram exhibition with Cláudia Batalha, covering our trip to Japan in April / May 2014 (45 20×20 images at Palavra de Viajante bookstore, Lisbon, Portugal)
My Other Activities
Apart from photography, I study and teach Budo (japanese martial arts), particularly the disciplines of Iaido and Jodo. And I am also a Software Architect at Fujitsu Portugal.