Passionate about traveling since he can remember, he began his photographic journey in 2004. He started by photographing natural landscapes, not only in his home country, Portugal, but also traveling to other places like Iceland, the United States of America, or Canada.
On his first trip to Japan, he fell in love not just for the country, but also for the cultural differences between East and West, and he started introducing cities, their people, and their traditions as his photographic subjects.
Today his photographic activity is focused on tradicional festivals, and traditional craftsmanship. His purpose is to document some of these traditions wherever he goes, as well as the effort of the people who struggle to keep these traditions alive.
- GEO Saison: image for calendar Im Licht des Sudens
- BBC Online: image for an article about Japan
- Land of Fire and Water: landscape photographic exhibition about Icelandic Landscapes (15 60×40 and 60×60 images at Palavra de Viajante bookstore, Lisbon, Portugal)
- Japan, an Ephemeral Glimpse: images of the first trip to Japan, with fellow photographer and good friend Ruben Vicente (8 60×40 and 60×60 images at Palavra de Viajante bookstore, Lisbon, Portugal)
- Roca Cape – Atlantic Frontier: landscape photographic exhibition with five other photographers about the Roca Cape (4 50×75 images at the Tourism Center and at the Sintra Boutique Hotel, Sintra, Portugal)
- 4 Looks over India: travel photography exhibition with three other photographers about our individual travels to India (4 70×47 images at Mercadores de Memórias shop in Azeitão, Portugal)
- #japan: instagram exhibition with Cláudia Batalha, covering the second trip to Japan in April / May 2014 (45 20×20 images at Palavra de Viajante bookstore, Lisbon, Portugal)
Studies and teaches Iaido and Jodo (japanese martial arts).